The Power and Pitfalls of Omics: George Davey Smith’s storming talk at ME/CFS conference
Read about the talk that stole the show at a recent ME/CFS conference in Simon McGrath's two-part blog.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

best fish or flax seed oil supplement

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by mike1127, Aug 3, 2013.

1. mike1127

mike1127

I'm trying to understand the array of fish oil and flax seed oil supplements. One thing I know that they are good for is mood, and I have bipolar. High doses of fish oil have been shown to help. But I'm not sure what type specifically I need, or whether I also need flax seed oil.

The symptoms I would like to address are chronic muscle pain, fatigue, bipolar/depression, OCD, systemic inflammation (Grave's disease of the eyes, high C-Reactive Protein marker).

Mike

2. Crux

Crux Senior Member

USA
    Hi Mike;

I don't know if this link to Chris Kresser's article about recommended fish oil brands is going to be a case of TMI, but the comments section is interesting, but very technical and long.

http://chriskresser.com/the-definitive-fish-oil-buyers-guide

I've just started taking fish oil again because it may help with methylation.

AbbyDear likes this.
  3. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    Not sure where you are at, but there is a prescription fish oil, Lovaza, get a 3 month supply (w/insurance only 2 copays) and it is probably cheaper than buying it in the store. FYI

GG

See more popular forum discussions.