• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best exercise for Hypercortisol (due to fatigue)?

Would anyone know the answer to this.

I've long tried to get around the excessive fluffy fat which accumulates around my waistline when trying to lose weight via exercise. Particularly cardio. I'm not sure how to lose weight when I have a hypercortisol condition.

I understand how to eat but it's the exercise I'm interested in now. What are the best exercises for someone with hypercortisol due to the initial stages of CFS if I want to lose weight.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I do not believe that exercise has any significant effect on weight, and if you have ME I would not recommend exercise at all.

I know that you say you understand how to eat, but it was cutting out gluten and reducing grains and sugar that made my excess fat and weight melt away without effort. Nothing else had worked.

Woolie

hypercortisol due to the initial stages of CFS
I'm not sure if you're on the right forum??

You say you're in the "initial stages", which makes me think you're talking about something else entirely (I never knew my "initial stages" were that - never expected to be sick so long). How long have you been ill?

bertiedog

I've long tried to get around the excessive fluffy fat which accumulates around my waistline when trying to lose weight via exercise. Particularly cardio. I'm not sure how to lose weight when I have a hypercortisol condition.
How do you know you have hypercortisol? Have you had a 24 hour saliva cortisol test done? I have learned never to assume anything btw.

Pam