• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best earplugs?

WoolPippi

Feeling safe is a big part of handling noise, imo. Calming the parasympathic nervous system.

I have a t-shirt wrapped around my head at night or wear a hat. And did EMDR for safety issues. I need to wear plugs and have silence a couple of times every day to remain calm overall and handle noise.

mattie

Alpine sleepsoft are allright,
But recently I treated myself to a pair of tailor made earplugs (Elacin) from a hearing center. Cost around 90 euros, but totally worth it. Much better fit.

sleepfit.jpg

Invisible Woman

I tried the moldex rockets. Sadly they are too big for my ear canals and really hurt when I am on my side. I use a tempur foam pillow which is quite form and this compounds the issue.

Back to my 3Ms and nascar spark plugs for now.

@perchance dreamer - loved that story! I am normally quite a calm and rational person but I do have a "thing" about critters, especially earwigs, getting in my ears. I suspect my evil older sister told me some horrible story about it when we were kids and it stayed with me.