1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Best Description of Multiple Chemical Sensitivity I've Ever Run Across

Discussion in 'Hypersensitivity and Intolerance' started by Wayne, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    This article describes how MCS is often experienced; it's probably the best description I’ve ever run across. Could be a good piece to show to friends, relatives and/or co-workers, etc..

Multiple Chemical Sensitivity - Overview
  2. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    I ran across this 2 1/2 min. video a few days ago as I was researching deep liver and gallbladder cleansing. This woman claims to have completely recovered from MCS, and now runs an internal cleansing business (Optimal Health Network) trying to help others do the same. I haven't had a chance to thoroughly peruse her website yet, but thought I'd at post a link here while it's on my mind.

How to Heal from Multiple Chemical Sensitivities
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  3. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    That is a good description of MCS, although I'm not sure that "anyone" can get it. However, those with certain methylation and detoxification mutations, the "canaries in the coalmine", given the same exposures as those without the mutations, are primed to get it first. Since MTHFR is in up to 40% of the population, the potential is there for a huge epidemic (as if 15% of the population with MCS wasn't an epidemic already!).

However, I'm pretty sure you can recover. I've gotten partial recovery from just a few months of low level methylation treatment, and feel pretty confident I will eventually be all the way recovered. Some people on here disagree with me that it can be this simple, but the way it works is one glutathione molecule is required to detoxify each toxin molecule. If you're low on glutathione, then you can't detoxify, and you react to tiny exposures as if they were large exposures. This is straight from Sherry Roger's book Tired or Toxic.

So the way to heal is to increase glutathione. The best way to do that is via methylation treatment. The treatments the lady is talking about in the video will improve methylation indirectly by taking a load (stressor) off your system. The stressors deplete glutathione. So by removing the stressors you will preserve some glutathione. While removing stressors is important, this may or may not be enough for recovery.

She is missing the part about having low glutathione due to genetic mutations, and building glutathione with methylation supplements.

Note that this is the exact same treatment as for ME/CFS (and any other methylation related problems you may have), so you should be able to kill two or more birds with one stone.

Some people take glutathione as a supplement for MCS, but I found out recently from Ben Lynch's latest video that you need NAD (a form of niacin) in addition to glutathione, otherwise you will just be making a lot of oxidized glutathione, instead of the good reduced glutathione. Also taking too much glutathione causes feedback inhibition. Therefore glutathione supplementation done the wrong way can actually be counterproductive.
    Wayne likes this.
  4. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    @caledonia
    makes sense to me - I had a bad reaction to glutathione IV.
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Senior Member

”Detox Cocktail” of Vitamin C 2000, alpha lipoic acid 300, glutithione 300 twice per day!"

So is it advised to take Niacin with this concoction @caledonia?
  6. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA

See more popular forum discussions.