• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best Co Enzyme Q10 Supplement?

cfsme23

Any general consensus on which CoQ10 supplement is the best? I am currently on 200mg x once a day, but looking for suggestions as to where to source a 'decent' form of it on the internet? Any assistance would be gratefully received :)

Sparrow

Yes. Definitely look for the ubiquinol version rather than regular CoQ10. There's some thought that we might not be very good at using it otherwise.

From there, I would say it's a debate over quality vs price. In theory, any Kanaka ubiquinol should be similar (kanaka is not the manufacturer, but they hold the patent on a well-respected form so should be listed on the label somewhere), but just like generic vs name brand drugs, there do seem to be differences despite that. Sometimes very large ones.

I take Pure Encapsulations, which is apparently very good, but EXPENSIVE (like, really, really, really expensive). Because of this, I take a smaller dose of it and also take some of a cheaper brand. I'm not sure whether the cheaper one is a good use of my money or if I'd be better off spending it to take a little more of the Pure Encaps, but that's my current compromise. That way I know I'm getting at least a little of the good stuff. :)

JT1024

I second the Kaneka Ubiquinol endorsement. I always look for the Kaneka name on every brand I consider.

Taking Ubiquinol with SAMe and d-Ribose has definitely helped my energy and mental clarity. My pain doesn't seem to take a vacation when my energy is up though.

I just bought 60 100 mg capsules yesterday at a Vitamin Shoppe because I was out. I have seen other options which I should take advantage of in the future.

Here is a 200 mg /60 capsule product for 49.99.