1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Mighty Egg: New Life Springs Forth Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith finds that even with ME/CFS, new life as symbolized by the mighty egg, can still spring forth ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Best Co Enzyme Q10 Supplement?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Scavo86, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Scavo86

Scavo86 Senior Member

England
    Any general consensus on which CoQ10 supplement is the best? I am currently on 200mg x once a day, but looking for suggestions as to where to source a 'decent' form of it on the internet? Any assistance would be gratefully received :)
  2. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    I believe anything containing Kaneka ubiquinol will be a good choice.
  3. Sparrow

Sparrow Senior Member

Canada
    Yes. Definitely look for the ubiquinol version rather than regular CoQ10. There's some thought that we might not be very good at using it otherwise.

From there, I would say it's a debate over quality vs price. In theory, any Kanaka ubiquinol should be similar (kanaka is not the manufacturer, but they hold the patent on a well-respected form so should be listed on the label somewhere), but just like generic vs name brand drugs, there do seem to be differences despite that. Sometimes very large ones.

I take Pure Encapsulations, which is apparently very good, but EXPENSIVE (like, really, really, really expensive). Because of this, I take a smaller dose of it and also take some of a cheaper brand. I'm not sure whether the cheaper one is a good use of my money or if I'd be better off spending it to take a little more of the Pure Encaps, but that's my current compromise. That way I know I'm getting at least a little of the good stuff. :)
  4. JT1024

JT1024 Senior Member

Massachusetts
    I second the Kaneka Ubiquinol endorsement. I always look for the Kaneka name on every brand I consider.

Taking Ubiquinol with SAMe and d-Ribose has definitely helped my energy and mental clarity. My pain doesn't seem to take a vacation when my energy is up though.

I just bought 60 100 mg capsules yesterday at a Vitamin Shoppe because I was out. I have seen other options which I should take advantage of in the future.

Here is a 200 mg /60 capsule product for 49.99.
  5. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    I actually do better on COq10 than the actives form. I use nature's bounty.
  6. JT1024

JT1024 Senior Member

Massachusetts
    Hey if it works for you, GREAT!!!!!!:)

See more popular forum discussions.