• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best brands/forms of chlorella, silica and other detoxing agents

Dainty

My naturopath is extremely picky about brands and recommends only Prime Chlorella. She says that Chlorella cultured in natural lakes/ponds is often full of heavy metals, no matter how pristine the lake - it's the chloralla that's keeping it pristine by absorbing all the toxins! This is grown in a controlled environment and uses 3rd party testing to ensure purity.

According to my naturopath, Chlorella does not actively detox, rather it only "mops up" toxins already present in the system. So it wouldn't be doing any chelating, just cleaning up what's already free-floatin' around, so to speak.

Last edited:

ahmo

@Dainty
Chlorella does not actively detox, rather it only "mops up" toxins already present in the system. So it wouldn't be doing any cheating, just cleaning up what's already free-floatin' around, so to speak.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't have the language, but thought it was something like this.;)

Hi SickofSicknes,
I saw your post here
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?entries/thyroid-adrenal-glands.1128/

I am suffering from side effects of Saw Palmetto. I am thinking to start desiccated thyroid and adrenal. Since you used them what are your comments?
how long did you use desiccated thyroid/addrenal?
was any side effects while your were on them?
Any side effects after stopping them?

Could you please share your experience, I am very interested.

Last edited by a moderator: