• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best answer to a non-believer

Nielk

If they are having such trouble treating us, why don't they respond in the most logical manner - create awareness and ask for more research to be done.

If they aren't doing this, then they aren't doing their jobs properly period.

I think that the average doctor who sees a CFS patient with all their complaints, takes a few general tests and if they all come back normal, it is so much easier for them to attribute the problem to hypochondria. Especially if it's a female!

(did you see the cartoon in The New Yorker? Women - just complain to get attention)

Wayne

The soul must reach a certain level in this world and if it didn't, the soul would be reincarnated in order for it to have a chance to grow. ......... I never applied this in my mind as to "forgive" or "understand" for their action because it's their karma - they didn't mature or learn enough yet and don't know better. It's an interesting approach and it deflects one's anger and bitterness.

Neil, my understanding is that in order for Soul to get a good rounded education, it needs just about every experience imaginable, both positive or negative. So when I see others do things I find incomprehensible, such as becoming addicted to drugs, or stealing, or not being able to show much empathy for those with chronic illness, I usually think to myself, "Been there, done that."

When I look at things this way, I realize how important all experiences are. As we learn from them, we need to learn to forgive others for some things that have been hurtful to us, and perhaps more importantly, learn to forgive ourselves as well. Guilt would be just one more hindrance for us on our own spiritual journey.

I read the following in one of my spiritual books tonight: "Most Souls agree to total amnesia before their return to earth in new bodies. The reason for that is to avoid old biases and hatreds. Amnesia gives one a fresh start."

My understanding is that most families have strong karmic bonds resulting from lifetimes of past experiences together. Coming together in any given lifetime always presents spiritual opportunities for all involved. Having experiences within close family and karmic relationships isn't necessarily easy, but sometimes the toughest challenges makes us all the stronger for having gone through them.

Thinking of this further do you think that it is for the benefit of our souls to be on the receiving end of this pain of our illness?

There's an axiom that good health can be a helpful aid to spiritual unfoldment. But it doesn't mean we can't turn any experience into a spiritual stepping stone for ourselves. I personally think the greatest benefit from very challenging situations, such as dealing with ME/CFS and friends/family/acquaintances who disbelieve or scoff at our difficulties, stems from learning to think creatively and out of the box. In the end, it all has the potential to make us stronger. (Sometimes I think I'm strong enough, thank you! ;))

Anyway, just a few ramblings on an evening where sleep seems to be a bit elusive.

Best Regards, Wayne

Nielk

Thanks Wayne,

You have helped me - more than you realize. The potential for our souls to learn and grow from difficulties and complications
that we go through, is powerful. It can make the difference from senseless pain to positive growth.

Thank you,
Nielk