1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Bentonite clay

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by harrycat, Aug 8, 2011.

1. harrycat

harrycat

Has anyone tried this - as a bath or internally? Is it safe? Does it really help get rid of heavy metals? Thanks.

2. chilove

chilove Senior Member

Hello all,

I have been experiencing a large amount of symptom relief from mercury herxing symptoms using calcium bentonite clay from after getting some amalgam dental work done. I was feeling horrible with neurological and other symptoms when I discovered the therapuetic uses of clay. '

It is amazing how much better it is making me feel both physically and mentally .

If you'd like more info on clay check out http://www.aboutclay.com/

I'd love to hear others experiences if you;ve tried it,

Blessings,

Audrey

Wayne likes this.
  3. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Hi Audrey,

I started mixing bentonite clay with water and drinking it when I got terrible food poisoning years ago. I've also applied it to my body and put it in baths as a skin tonic. I do like the stuff.

The drinking bentonite clay did help when I had stomach upsets after food poisoning. There has been some help generally when I have indigestion. It hasn't been a big help under circumstances that people describe as herx's (I'm not a big believer in the herx and suspect that for me there are other explanations).

Hope it continues to help you.

4. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    This is on old post so I'm not sure you're still looking, but there's another thread discussing bentonite. I've heard of other people using it successfully also, but I've also heard of possible contamination.
    http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-bentonite-clay-baths-taken-internally.18695/

I'm debating whether to try bentonite or zeolite. Since bentonite is cheaper I might try that first. There was a thread discussing zeolite also, but I don't remember if anyone in the thread had actually tried it. You can read customer reviews on iHerb for both zeolite and bentonite to find more info. There's probably also some threads on curezone and mdjunction about using clay. If anyone has tried both zeolite and bentonite or knows the difference I would like to hear about it.

5. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Lotus97

Rich used to recommend bentonite to help move toxins out of the body. There are contamination questions around the various types of zeolite too.

Sushi

6. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    I've heard a couple people mention calcium bentonite specifically. Does it have to be calcium? Because some bentonite being sold for internal use doesn't specify which type it is. Also, I noticed some bentonite being sold is for external use only so I thought I'd warn people about that.

7. chilove

chilove Senior Member

Yes, I believe you only want to use calcium bentonite clay for internal use and a good quality one. After trying different brands I prefer Living Clay. Their website is www.livingclayco.com.

I started with foot soaks and baths and they felt great so I tried it internally even though I was very nervous because I have many food allergies and sensitivities and almost everything bothers me but my body seems to really like the clay. I've been able to put on 20 much needed pounds since starting it. I was very underweight before and couldn't tolerate protein. I think doing clay packs on my liver several times a week and drinking clay water is helping improve my digestion as well as detox.

8. overtrain

overtrain Medical Mafia needs to die via this virus.

Seems to help. B. Clay's sold in bulk where I live. I put it in gelcaps every night & take 5 or 6.

I read somewhere that taking it like this doesn't impact some; taking it via just licking it off fingers can, however. I hedge my bets & do both, which is easy as getting powder into the caps is messy in itself. I use the WHITE clay, not red.

See more popular forum discussions.