• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BEG Spray without EDTA?

I got BEG Spray for mold/MARCONS prescribed by my Doctor a while back. However, he has now went out of business so I can't ask him any questions anymore. I also cannot find an appointment to another mold Doctor for at least another 6-12 months...so I am currently treating myself (following the Shoemaker protocol).

Right now I'm in Africa and I found a pharmacy that could make the "BEG Spray" which should contain the following:

0.5% Gentamicin
1% EDTA
0.2% Mupirocin

The pharmacy did not have EDTA. Does that mean I can still make the spray with only the Gentamicin and the Mupirocin? Would that cause any dangers?

aaron_c

Just the danger of it not working? Which is not to say it definitely won't work, just that it might not cut through the biofilm.

I don't suppose you can order stuff from Europe? You can buy EDTA yourself online...at least in North America and I'm guessing in Europe.