1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Beetroot juice for lactic acid in muscles

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Sasha, Aug 22, 2013.

1. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    I don't think my stomach would tolerate juice everyday either.

I love beetroot roasted ( I cook in tin foil in the oven, quarter or half them and sprinkle bit of salt over them) then eat with sour cream and chives !! Yum :)
  2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Same for me. I find juiced vegetables and fruits to be pretty sickening, no matter what's in it. It seems too sweet somehow, but in an "off" way. Definitely way too dense.
  3. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I've finally plucked up the courage to include raw onion, having read your post, and you're right, it's actually quite pleasant! I had onion, celery, broccoli, cucumber, spinach, kale, parsley, ginger, apple, pear, strawberry, lemon and kiwi (13 things!). Maybe a bit heavier on the fruit than you're supposed to be (I've read to aim for 80/20 veg/fruit) but I must certainly be getting some nutrition down my neck. You're right - the lemon juice makes it refreshing and as long as there's a handful of each thing, no one thing dominates.

See more popular forum discussions.