• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BEEN OFF THE COUCH FOR 4 SOLID MONTHS! YEE HAW!!!

knackers323

are the really cheap portable ones as good? I heard something that the cheap ones may give off lots of electro radiation.?

jess100

Would it be worth it for all those interested in trying this therapy to form a group and do some focused research and experimentation? (sorry for using the f word)
That is, search this and other forums, (there are many) make some phone calls, research warrantees (like, can it be returned if it doesn't do what you intended) and actually make a shared purchase? I do not think I would benefit from this, but maybe others in a reasonably close proximity would. Would it be worth it for, say, 10 people to buy one and pass it along to each other?
Of course this would only work if you have family members willing to help with transport to the next user. But it could work for some of you and it could give a lot of information. The brand that Jacque has worked for her. Maybe that is a place to start.
The most expensive one I saw with a quick search was $1500-among 10 people that would be less than a visit to the doctor for each person.
Just an idea.

knackers323

did a bit more reading and it seems as though mostg people are saying NEAR infrared is the better option. safer, more efficient, cheaper etc.

seems the lights can be brought and set up your own sauna for under $100