• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

bee sting therapy?

ramakentesh

I saw this as a possible olden day cure all for various conditions - mainly inflammatory arthritis.
Then I found one study where CFS patients claimed benefit. Any stories?

Dufresne

almost there...
I received a series of bee venom injections several years ago from a doctor named Felix Ravikovich in Toronto. The shots stimulated me in a way similar to methylcobalamin. The effects were unsustainable and produced no discernible improvement over time.

Ravikovich's theory is that the injections stimulate immune cells that shut off inflammation in histamine reactions (or something like that, it's been a long time). He claims great success with allergy and asthma.

I know that Klinghardt has used bee venom in treatment of Lyme disease.

Tristen

I remember hearing of that kind of thing happening in a few isolated cases of people affected by poison oak reactions. I suspect it was as Graem said, probably a histamine reaction and unsustainable. The bee venom responses are very interesting.

Abha

Abha
Hi Ramakentesh,

I'm interested in beekeeping and have attended bee farms(worldwide) and have attended beekeeping courses too.In the past I thought about this too and contacted experts in South Africa and in Romania.In the latter country the expert was a Dr(Professor?)..He may have worked in the USA too....but I do recall his treatment was very expensive.Dr Klinghardt(German/USA)mentions that he uses it(Youtube).I'm sure that there are local Beekeeping Associations where advice on this can be given.One has to be sure that they are not allergic to such stings!There is a lot of info on this topic on the web.

valentinelynx

Jay Goldstein, MD (a CFS expert who no longer practices) had bee venom on his list of meds he would try on his CFS patients. Don't know how frequently he found a positive response. Didn't work for me, but then almost nothing did.

sam.d

@stetson28 Have you researched this further? I'm researching a lot of this on Facebook groups now. Will start bee venom therapy soon.

stetson28

If it aint broke don't fix it...but.
Excellent, I have been reading quite a bit about also and it seems very effective with theain cause of failure is when people simply don't stick with the protocol long enough.
Where are you getting the bees from and have you done a test sting yet.

sam.d

Excellent, I have been reading quite a bit about also and it seems very effective with theain cause of failure is when people simply don't stick with the protocol long enough.
Where are you getting the bees from and have you done a test sting yet.
Hehe no not that far yet. I literally discovered BVT a couple of days ago. Still in the reading/wrapping my head around it stage! Haven't got a clue how I will get the bees yet.