Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Bee sting against Lyme

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by woollypigs, Mar 31, 2015.

1. woollypigs

woollypigs

UK
    AaroninOregon likes this.
  2. South

South Senior Member

Southeastern United States
    That story is inspiring. Wow - what potential this has.

3. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Don't use wild bees ... too many are Africanized. Of course it might be that only Africanized bees work, they were in the story. A beekeeper might be able to help. Also, be prepared for an allergic reaction. This idea is risky, and a one off case might be mistaken. It could be a fluke or due to something other than bee stings.

4. woollypigs

woollypigs

UK
    I have heard about bee sting therapy before, even used to cure asthma, though I think it is more like snake oil. Too high a risk for an allergic reactions and even an asthma attack.

Though under medical controlled conditions it looks like there might be something to it

5. Antares in NYC

Antares in NYC Senior Member

USA
    This is one amazing story of recovery from chronic Lyme. It's worth reading. The article delves into new research on the very potent antibiotic properties of bee venom, which has been proven to eradicate a number of very difficult pathogens in vitro.

Is this a glimmer of hope? Crossing fingers!

(It's a very long article, for those dealing with brain-fog, and the first half is very dark --but worth the read)

6. Antares in NYC

Antares in NYC Senior Member

USA
    Just a side note, I really like how she describes her neurological-cognitive symptoms. Basically my life in the last 16 years --but she was able to come out of it!:

7. Dufresne

Dufresne almost there...

Montreal
    I received injections of bee venom in 2006 before I was aware of my TBD's. There's a guy in Toronto named, Ravikovic, who administers them for Asthma, allergies, and sensitivities. I got a boost from them that would last until the end of the day, but no lasting improvement.

Little Bluestem and beaker like this.
  8. valentinelynx

valentinelynx Senior Member

Tucson
    Jay Goldstein used to try bee venom in his algorithm of treating CFS. It didn't help me, alas. That was in 1995.

Little Bluestem likes this.
  9. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.