Did You Have Yourself a Crashy Little Christmas?
Jody Smith may have dodged a holiday bullet this year. She's hoping. Only time will tell. How did you fare?
Discuss the article on the Forums.

bedridden - impressions for dental appliance at home?

Discussion in 'Sleep' started by Whit, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Whit

Whit Senior Member

Bay Area
    I am now 99.99% bedridden and can't go to a dentist. I have serious sleep apnea that wakes me up in the night unable to breathe, and seriously disturbing my sleep. I am managing it with a dental mandibular appliance so i can at least breathe,, but they keep breaking or getting unusable and I need to get another one now, which requires a bite mold to be made. I cannot go to the dentist to do this, so I'm looking for a dental tech who can come to my home and make Just teeth impressions. Dr Inoye can make bite mold. Does anyone know how I can find someone, or have any ideas?
    Thanks,
    I hope you are well

(Wrttn by caregiver)

2. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    http://www.housecalldentists.com/ says San Fran (and NYC). Hope they can get it done for you.

The San Francisco Dental Society at (415) 928-7337 may be able to give you other dentist names.

Dr. Peter Kawamura, DDS used to do house calls according to one possibly unreliable source, but I am guessing he does not anymore. You could still ask. Maybe he knows someone who does them.

If none of those work, I can help you find more possible leads.

rosie26 likes this.
  3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast
    You can find impression kits on ebay for people getting their own appliances made.

Also, since you don't need special tools to do the impression, maybe someone will come to your house.

Also, Google Mobile dentists.

Good luck

4. physicsstudent13

physicsstudent13 Senior Member

US
    I tend to think a cpap is much better- a high pressure column of air splints your airway open so your muscles don't collapse and block your breathing. do these dental devices even work?

See more popular forum discussions.