1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

bed/couch backrest pillow things

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by Tammie, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Tammie

Tammie Senior Member

Woodridge, IL
    not sure what you are really supposed to call them, but I am wondering if anyone can suggest a good choice of backrest for propping oneself up in bed and/or on the couch for reading, etc.....the only ones I have seen thus far really have no lumbar support
  2. BEG

BEG Senior Member

Southeast US
    Hey Tammie,

They are called a bed wedge. I personally don't have one, but would like to. Try Overstock, Ebay, Amazon. Don't forget your Bing cashback.

BE G
  3. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    Here is one company to check out. They are expensive, but may give you some ideas.

I bought a similar (maybe same) product years ago and used it set up on the floor with a foam mat over it. I also put some extra foam wedges under it to raise the head up more (it got complicated!), but was the only way I could get comfortable for a year or so. If you click on the alternate view, it shows using it in bed. I'm not sure I would recommend it, though.

Relax the Back
  4. Tammie

Tammie Senior Member

Woodridge, IL
    Thanks for the suggestions!

See more popular forum discussions.