International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12: The World Will Know
Did you know that May 12 belongs to us? Lots of us are aware of this. We share the buzz on it amongst ourselves. We add blue ribbons to profile pictures. We raise our voices, join our hands, mount the few podiums available to us and tug at the sleeve of the rest of the world.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

bed/couch backrest pillow things

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by Tammie, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Tammie

Tammie Senior Member

Woodridge, IL
    not sure what you are really supposed to call them, but I am wondering if anyone can suggest a good choice of backrest for propping oneself up in bed and/or on the couch for reading, etc.....the only ones I have seen thus far really have no lumbar support

2. BEG

BEG Senior Member

Southeast US
    Hey Tammie,

They are called a bed wedge. I personally don't have one, but would like to. Try Overstock, Ebay, Amazon. Don't forget your Bing cashback.

BE G

3. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    Here is one company to check out. They are expensive, but may give you some ideas.

I bought a similar (maybe same) product years ago and used it set up on the floor with a foam mat over it. I also put some extra foam wedges under it to raise the head up more (it got complicated!), but was the only way I could get comfortable for a year or so. If you click on the alternate view, it shows using it in bed. I'm not sure I would recommend it, though.

Relax the Back

4. Tammie

Tammie Senior Member

Woodridge, IL
    Thanks for the suggestions!

5. WoolPippi

WoolPippi Senior Member

Netherlands
    I put a sheeps' hide over mine. The wool is soothing and helps with keeping the skin circulated with blood.
    Mine's a Gottland pels which are soft short silvery curls. Next to skin soft, suitable for babies.

See more popular forum discussions.