1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Beaver gets Lymed. (Trimethoprim, Plaquenil?)

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by beaverfury, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    I think more people should consider Ivermectin too. It seems to hit more than just worms.
  2. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    Scary. I have been on septra gor 11 weeks and llmd wants me to continue for another 12 weeks. This info seems a bit dated. How are we suppose to make good decisions when there sre stories like this. How can our drs know about all these drug issues. I thoyght I would have trubs with sulfa drugs due to some genetic polymorphisms.

in addition starting Minocycline for 12 weeks.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  3. RustyJ

RustyJ Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'

Brisbane, Aust
    @roxie60 One approach might be to just be mindful of harmful side-effects. At first sign drop them. After 11 weeks without probs, you should be fine to continue, I would expect.

I can't add much to the debate about the merits or effectiveness of each protocol. What I do know is that the sulfa part of Bactrim has been shown to be ineffectual in some studies, so fall back position might be to switch to trimethoprin by itself.

My prescribing lymie switched me onto another protocol right away, so that is another option, if side-effects occur.
    Hanna, maryb, Valentijn and 1 other person like this.

See more popular forum discussions.