• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BBC TV: The stories of five ME sufferers, their descent into illness and quest...

Wonko

Or why not do 1000 verified cases free, it appears it can be done via skype so wouldnt cost much once the intial selection is done, then do a 6 month and 2 year follow up, and once it's effectiveness is known then charge the NHS (still leaving him 249,000 cases to make money from). After all the NHS allready pays for talking therapies, if MT is so effective they should jump at the chance.

Calathea

About the best comment on Mickel Reverse Therapy I've heard was when my mother misheard it as Knicker Reverse Therapy. Let's face it, we've all accidentally put our undies on wrong once or twice, and hey, it worked for Superman!

No scientific evidence to back up the theory, no double blind trials on the treatment, extortionate price per session, no way to find out what's actually involved, website that has mystical nonsense about "e-motions" and quantum physics, and yet this so called miracle cure is so simple it can be taught to other people in a few weeks so they too can reap the financial rewards, like some sort of medical pyramid scheme. You have to assume that anyone who benefits from this kind of talking therapy wasn't actually ill in the first place, or used to be ill and just needed a bit of encouragement to fully recover, or perhaps it was spontaneous remission. The lady in the program who recovered had already had a previous remission, and yet it was simply asserted, without any critical questioning that MT was the cause of her recovery, when she may well have simply relapsed again further down the line.

currer

Holmsey said
"I'd love to know more about the severe sufferer who offered to take part and was rejected, sounds to me like their story should be made widely available and followed up if necessary, the BBC uses our taxes, sorry couldn't resist it but come on who thinks the licence fee is anything other than tax."

http://www.mecfsforums.com/index.php/topic,11178.45.html

I knew I'd read it somewhere!

The reason I believe all this to be propaganda, is because I have been ill and involved in ME advocacy for twenty years - this sort of stuff was put out (exactly the same stuff - no progress) at the beginning of my time ill - all those years ago, and so many more people ill subsequently, and no change for them, or any of us, either.

There are powerful vested interests that do not want medical recognition for ME sufferers. And they have kept us going round the same wheel all this time, with "hope" just at the next turn.
They cannot pretend ME does not exist and is not a problem. So they do the next best thing, which is to pretend it is "inexplicable" and undermine the seriousness of the health threat is poses to the population with this rubbish that is put out by the BBC.

I have personally witnessed this over a long period.
It doesnt impose on me now. Dont be deluded by this nonsense.
If they wanted to take ME seriously, they would. ME is not inexplicable. It is no more inexplicable than any other disease.

This is all the same old, same old, and it has been going on for far too long.

alex3619

Take a thousand sick people with I don't know what. Put them through a mystical treatment. Note the ten who recover and the ninety who improve. Ignore the ones that die and the ones that got worse, and never mention the majority who are the same. Then recruit from amongst the successful ones for a PR campaign, or a documentary. We need to know more about the recruitment process to be able to say if this is what happened, but its a line from some sellling the more unusual alternative medicine treatments. In the case of laetrile one practitioner in Israel claimed a large number of cures for cancer. When a reporter went back and checked on them a year later, he could not find any who were still living. Without proper investigation, and independent clinical trials, anything can be backed up by anecdotal reports if you cherry pick.

I was tempted to make a joke about cow pats as a miracle cure for ME, but I thought it would be in bad taste. :D

Bye, Alex