• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BBC TV interview

digital dog

PLEASE CAN EVERYONE ON HERE CONTACT MARK NORMAN AND ASK (BEG) HIM TO PUT VOICES FROM THE SHADOWS ON TV.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

I honestly feel that if more people saw that film there would be a real turnaround in people's opinions towards this dreadful condition.

I am on my knees, begging you all on here to contact Mark Norman.

Okay, melodrama over.....

digital dog

How do you know? He may know someone. It's worth a try don't you think?
I just emailed BBC South East Today Effi.

Effi

@digital dog any chance you'd send me a copy (PM)? I wouldn't copy it, just to make sure I get the info right. my brain is not very cooperative today...

I think it's all about right time/right place. Agreed, chances are slim, but we shouldn't stop trying. Butterfly effect and all.

Bob

Perhaps they could show some snippets of the film on his news program?

No harm in emailing him, but I think we'd have to persuade people high up the management chain at the BBC if we want to encourage them to show the film.

Graham

Senior Moment
I have made the full news interview/report available on Youtube, but it is unlisted. I will take it down in a couple of weeks as I don't think it warrants keeping, but if it encourages a few more to send their comments to the BBC, that could be useful. I think that management are more likely to respond to comments on the South-East Today website, than to messages directly to Mark Norman. If you haven't seen me onscreen before, I recommend very dark glasses (the reflected glare from the top of my head is excessive) and earplugs. Here is the link:

John Mac

Did everyone spot one of Graham's co-stars in the video, a very young Wessely, at about 1.52?
Even at that age he clearly loved the limelight.

He was probably making sure whatever tests they were carrying out were negative.

Interesting that Wessely and Sonya Choudhury featured in the clip, I wonder if the reporter had contacted the SMC for background information?