• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BBC TV interview

mermaid

Thank you so much for doing this Graham. My 93 year old mother who lives in Sussex saw it and was very excited to tell me about it. She said that it was the first time she had seen anything about ME on TV.

I am afraid she won't be tweeting about it, but she might tell a few people! ;)

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Thanks Graham - great to get some new coverage! How do I leave a comment on the FB page - do I just comment in the box at the top or dpo I need to scroll down to find the story and comment there? Not sure of FB etiquette...

Bob

Graham

Senior Moment
Hi @justy : I replied to your question, but for some reason the system glitched. If you scroll down the page you will find a short video clip from the interview together with a lot of comments underneath. There is a box there for comments. Thanks!

Last edited:

Sasha

Fine, thank you

That's fantastic.

For a future piece, I'd like to see them focusing less on the "is it all in the mind" angle and more on the "no, it's clearly organic as shown by the IOM and P2P reports, and here are the sort of studies (rituximab, Ron Davis, Ian Lipkin) that are appropriate.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Its so great to see PWME responding and thanking the BBC and Mark Norman who has now been tweeting about M.E and been reading info sent to him from Invest in ME. Great stuff - thank you so much Graham!

Interesting that this has come so soon after @Bob's discussion about the use of twitter and re tweeting. Thanks Bob, because even though im not on Twitter I did make the effort, spurred on by you, to make a comment on the BBC South East FB page to thank them for the story and we can see this is making an impact.

Sean

Looks like The Graham and George Show (or is it The George and Graham Show?) is shooting for Voted Most Popular By A Captive Online Audience Award.

Listen to the critics rave!

"Five Paws for the local boys made good."
East Sussex Casual Strollers Society

"A damn good woofing from start to finish. George just led all the way."
Canine Cinema Review

"Had the whole audience howling with laughter."
International Animal Lovers Weekly

"Wagged my tail!"
West Dublin Couch Dwellers Association

"No fleas on this cast. Superbly housetrained, and a credit to their owners & handlers."
Movies for the Immobile.

"Even the George character worked."
Cat Fanciers Gazette

:dog::dog::dog::dog::dog:

:trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy:

Last edited:

digital dog

Love this Sean.
Good old George.
People please keep emailing, tweeting and contacting the BBC about more of these stories.

digital dog

Also, sorry to harp on, but couldnt we try and pressure the BBC into showing the Voices from the Shadows film?
Has anyone got any ideas how we could do this?
I just don't understand why it hasn't been shown.
WHY WHY WHY :bang-head::bang-head::bang-head:

Graham

Senior Moment
New Also, sorry to harp on, but couldnt we try and pressure the BBC into showing the Voices from the Shadows film?
Has anyone got any ideas how we could do this?
I just don't understand why it hasn't been shown.

Mark Norman (the person who interviewed me) is the Health Correspondent for BBC South-East Today, and he felt it should get an airing. Presumably he has tried to follow it up and failed. Perhaps more tweets and comments on their page might add to the cause.