• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BBC to broadcast programme on ME in series on mental health?

FTY

Hi Jenny, my reading of it is that the image posted is an example of one newsbeat documentary which was about mental health but they've done plenty of others as you can see here - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0390z6l/episodes/player
I watched the one about Crohns which I thought was really good. I think that the one about ME should be just about ME, not about mental health so it looks like good news - will hopefully be good for raising awareness. Then again it really depends on the program makers and I can see it going either way eg. appearing to show that the LP or something similar 'works' which wouldn't be helpful. That's my reading of it, but I could be wrong. I hope that they do their research properly, this could be a really good documentary.