1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

BBC radio doco - "In This World, But Not Of It"

Discussion in 'Spirituality and ME/CFS' started by Sean, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Some interesting comments from people who have walked more than a few hard and solitary yards in life, including from somebody with ME.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b046j431

Only available online for another 6 days.
    Sasha likes this.
  2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I accidentally caught the end of this, I think, last night and wished I'd heard the whole thing because I recognised my own situation of extreme isolation (I'm too sick for more than three hours/week of face-to-face social contact and have been so for years now). There were some very interesting comments - I'll look forward to listening.
    Battery Muncher and Sean like this.
  3. SDSue

SDSue Florida

Florida
    Interesting program. I loved the musical interludes.

It's fascinating to me that some would choose isolation. Perhaps it is just that - they could choose it, which means they could then choose to return to society at any time.

We haven't the choice, and that's quite a different thing. This disease has taken many things, but it's the human connections that I miss the most. It's the lack of human touch and human smiles that leaves me questioning my own sanity and, on bad days, wishing for an out.
    ahmo, maryb, Sushi and 1 other person like this.

See more popular forum discussions.