1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

BBC Radio 4: Material World: Retractions

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Firestormm, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Thought this episode might be of interest to some. Not specifically about ME I am afraid (or not) but we've talked lots about retractions generally of course and in relation to XMRV etc. etc.

Available on iPlayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01n1rpr

It refers I believe to research published this week that reveals more about the nature of recent retractions, why the number has increased and what the reasons are behind them.

Anyway, figured it might interest others too :)

Not sure it's available to our US buddies unfortunately - sorry chaps.

Oh yeah forgot to mention, Ivan Oransky is one of the contributors. He of Retraction Watch of whom some will be familiar.

Will try and get a hold of the new paper they are talking about tomorrow. Very interesting wee programme methinks.
  2. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Retraction Watch:

Majority of retractions are due to misconduct: Study confirms opaque notices distort the scientific record

Methinks this is definitely the paper they are referring to in part of the discussion above :thumbsup: Always interesting to hear a person's voice when you've only seen a photo before. Can't say I would put Ivan's voice to his piccie lol

See more popular forum discussions.