1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

BBC: 'Most family doctors' have given a patient a placebo drug

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Firestormm, Mar 21, 2013.

1. wdb

wdb Admin

London
  2. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Thanks wbd, that was a good podcast, which helps clarify the poll: on the podcast they say that 97% of doctors have prescribed a placebo once or more in their career, but the definition of placebos included "positive suggestions" given to the patient, and drugs used off-label. So given this very broad definition of a "placebo", it is not surprising that so many doctors have given a "placebo" at least once in their career.

But in terms of the normal definition of a placebo (ie, a sugar pill given to a patient), only 12% of doctors have given these once or more in their career, and only 1% of doctors use these on a regular basis.
    Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.