Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

BBC - 'I'm worried about benefit cuts', says ME sufferer

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by V99, Jun 28, 2010.

1. V99

V99

UK
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/politics/10436374.stm

2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

This is probably not a helpful thing to say, but I think that things are going to be worse than ever if this XMRV thing doesn't work out. Fingers crossed.

3. bullybeef

bullybeef Senior Member

North West, England, UK
    Maybe they are anticipating XMRV, and trying to move the goalposts ASAP!!!

4. V99

V99

UK
    Don't believe this is anything to do with XMRV, it's about the national debt. It's not right though.

5. Galena1

Galena1

South West UK
    This whole exercise is about cutting government spending on benefits, irrespective of any individuals true capability. Unfortunately, there are far too many working people, and fit people looking for work, that are more than happy to lump all of the genuinely sick in with the scroungers, fiddlers and workshy. The media only add fuel to this fire by quoting/highlighting the massive amounts of money it is costing and constantly focusing on this alone, with little/no reference to the plight of genuine claimants.
    The Times today refers to the proposed cuts but makes no reference to the number of decisions that are overturned on appeal. Both the last government (Labour) and the current ConLib coalition are choosing to ignore the obvious injustices that are being implemented and determined to carry on.
    I believe that we are in for one hell of a bumpy ride.

See more popular forum discussions.