The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Bateman-Horne Education Center - March 2017 Education Meeting

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by AndyPR, Feb 16, 2017.

1. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

From their Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/batemanhornecenter/

[​IMG]
    There will be a livestream from their Facebook page and also will be recorded to go up on their Youtube channel, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjdso7oUeJT90mL0PdHr0vQ

Personally, I'm not sure I quite get why the split into two parts, why not just have a mix of the sexes. If you are going to split things up like this, healthy husbands with ill wives and then healthy wives with ill husbands, then surely you should be looking to do healthy husbands with ill husbands as well as healthy wives with ill wives as well, or is that a bit too liberal?

arewenearlythereyet, Jan, Joh and 7 others like this.
  2. trishrhymes

trishrhymes Senior Member

Given that I read the heading as 'husbands who have 3 wives'. (Roman numerals III), perhaps your suggestion isn't liberal enough...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  3. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    Heh. First time I've heard that suggested as a cause of ME/CFS!

Jan, Joh, trishrhymes and 2 others like this.
  4. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    I read it as "Husbands who Have one hundred and eleven Wives." :eek:

Now that would be a problem :lol: or 111 problems.

Jan, Joh and sarah darwins like this.
  5. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member

I am incredibly serious .......sorry................so am interested in the March 1st meeting as an ill wife. Feels terrible to be so inadequate.

⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️♿️♿️

trishrhymes and TiredSam like this.
  6. trishrhymes

Hi @Binkie4 , I didn't intend to make light of this topic.

I know from experience how serious it is and how important that it be discussed.

I speak as one whose husband simply couldn't cope with having a sick wife - not what he signed up for! So on top of being ill, I ended up as a single parent. Better than being constantly made to feel guilty and inadequate for not living up to expectations. That was all decades ago. I'm not bitter about it, just sad that the partner I chose was one who couldn't handle the situation.

I hope the discussion is helpful to both partners in couples where one has ME.

7. Barry53

Barry53 Senior Member

UK
    Sorry to hear that @trishrhymes. Was not one for "to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part" then.

Joh, trishrhymes and Binkie4 like this.
  8. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member

Hi @trishrhymes
    I clearly had a sense of humour failure.
    My daughter and wonderful grandchildren left yesterday after a two night stay and I was and am crashed. Husband did absolutely everything so feeling very inadequate ; not because of anything he said, just that I am frightened as we age, that the weight of it all will hurt him and/ or the rest of the family. So the topic spoke to me.
    I am sorry that your husband couldn't hack it. He lost someone with great humour - his loss!!

Hutan, Jan, Joh and 3 others like this.
  9. Barry53

Barry53 Senior Member

UK
    Happens to us all :)

mango, Jan, Joh and 1 other person like this.
  10. trishrhymes

Sense of humour failures are definitely allowed. In fact I'd say obligatory with this f***ing illness.

Feeling inadequate is pretty inevitable, I'd say. Just think of the wonderful opportunity you are giving your family to feel needed, helpful and show their caring side.

Thanks for the sympathy. And the compliment.

sarah darwins, Jan, Binkie4 and 2 others like this.
  11. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

Bump, this is happening today.

12. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member

@AndyPR thank you for the reminder.

Am I right that this will be at 1am GMT tomorrow?

AndyPR likes this.
  13. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

As far as I understand the time zones, yes, I think you are right. Though even if it's missed they should be putting it up on their YouTube channel at some point afterwards.

Binkie4 likes this.
  14. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member

Thanks.
    Doubt I will stay up to watch it live so the utube will be useful.
    On the other hand, if I'm awake as I often am then, it will be tempting to watch. Not good for sleep hygiene! One thing with this illness, people are posting round the clock so there's company through the long watches of the night.

AndyPR likes this.
  15. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

Sadly it looks like they struggled with technical issues during broadcast. The video is available on YouTube, , skip the first 20 minutes as that is them trying to get microphone issues fixed, unfortunately it seems they didn't fully resolve them as the sound is still fuzzy all the way through.

16. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member

@AndyPR
    What a shame! Do you think they will be able to clean it up a bit? Have just moved to the fuzzy bit and could not listen to that. Maybe on a good day?

Edit: later it improves a bit but still fuzzy. Maybe manageable- I will try later.

17. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

They may be able to clean the audio up, I'm not really knowledgeable about that sort of thing though to be honest.

Binkie4 likes this.
  18. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

Hutan and Binkie4 like this.

See more popular forum discussions.