Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Bateman-Horne Education Center - March 2017 Education Meeting

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by AndyPR, Feb 16, 2017 at 11:45 AM.

1. AndyPR

AndyPR I'm a DAD, I Donate, Advocate and Demonstrate

Hampshire, UK
    From their Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/batemanhornecenter/

[​IMG]
    There will be a livestream from their Facebook page and also will be recorded to go up on their Youtube channel, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjdso7oUeJT90mL0PdHr0vQ

Personally, I'm not sure I quite get why the split into two parts, why not just have a mix of the sexes. If you are going to split things up like this, healthy husbands with ill wives and then healthy wives with ill husbands, then surely you should be looking to do healthy husbands with ill husbands as well as healthy wives with ill wives as well, or is that a bit too liberal?

Jan, Joh, Izola and 6 others like this.
  2. trishrhymes

trishrhymes trishrhymes.wordpress.com

Dorset
    Given that I read the heading as 'husbands who have 3 wives'. (Roman numerals III), perhaps your suggestion isn't liberal enough...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017 at 4:46 PM
    Jan, slysaint, Izola and 4 others like this.
  3. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    Heh. First time I've heard that suggested as a cause of ME/CFS!

Jan, Joh, trishrhymes and 2 others like this.
  4. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl

USA
    I read it as "Husbands who Have one hundred and eleven Wives." :eek:

Now that would be a problem :lol: or 111 problems.

Jan, Joh and sarah darwins like this.
  5. Binkie4

Binkie4

I am incredibly serious .......sorry................so am interested in the March 1st meeting as an ill wife. Feels terrible to be so inadequate.

⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️♿️♿️

trishrhymes and TiredSam like this.
  6. trishrhymes

Dorset
    Hi @Binkie4 , I didn't intend to make light of this topic.

I know from experience how serious it is and how important that it be discussed.

I speak as one whose husband simply couldn't cope with having a sick wife - not what he signed up for! So on top of being ill, I ended up as a single parent. Better than being constantly made to feel guilty and inadequate for not living up to expectations. That was all decades ago. I'm not bitter about it, just sad that the partner I chose was one who couldn't handle the situation.

I hope the discussion is helpful to both partners in couples where one has ME.

Jan, Izola, Binkie4 and 6 others like this.
  7. Barry53

Barry53 Senior Member

UK
    Sorry to hear that @trishrhymes. Was not one for "to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part" then.

Joh, trishrhymes and Binkie4 like this.
  8. Binkie4

Binkie4

Hi @trishrhymes
    I clearly had a sense of humour failure.
    My daughter and wonderful grandchildren left yesterday after a two night stay and I was and am crashed. Husband did absolutely everything so feeling very inadequate ; not because of anything he said, just that I am frightened as we age, that the weight of it all will hurt him and/ or the rest of the family. So the topic spoke to me.
    I am sorry that your husband couldn't hack it. He lost someone with great humour - his loss!!

Hutan, Jan, Joh and 3 others like this.
  9. Barry53

Barry53 Senior Member

UK
    Happens to us all :)

mango, Jan, Joh and 1 other person like this.
  10. trishrhymes

Dorset
    Sense of humour failures are definitely allowed. In fact I'd say obligatory with this f***ing illness.

Feeling inadequate is pretty inevitable, I'd say. Just think of the wonderful opportunity you are giving your family to feel needed, helpful and show their caring side.

Thanks for the sympathy. And the compliment.

sarah darwins, Jan, Binkie4 and 2 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.