1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Patient Experience: "What Bronllys taught me about pacing."
In 2012, Maya, who had tried to cope with ME/CFS on her own for many years, attended a pain management centre in Wales, U.K., and is now able to achieve more through pacing and acceptance, than she had been able to before the course...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Basic blood work - what basic tests should I request for Auto-Immune

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by nomad, Jun 10, 2013.

1. nomad

nomad Anyone interested in a London Support group?

London, UK
    What are the absolute basic tests which would show that I'm having a severe auto-immune flare, and which ideally include tests for autoimmune thyroiditis. I very strongly suspect brain inflammation and what feel like muscle wasting increasingly every day. I was in A&E last week with breathing problems too which were muscle related.

Currently my brain feels like it's on fire and I'm tipping over into both intense anxiety and rage.

I Rather then waiting for NHS tests I'll ask GP for referral letter for one of the many private bloodwork labs here in the uk so I can get blood work done now whilst I'm having a really bad flare up. I'm seeing my GP on Thursday and want to take the list of tests to her and get referal letters.

Suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks

I
  2. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Tests for thyroid antibodies include TPO Ab and TgAb.

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/hashimotos/
    [/quote]
  3. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    For general autoimmunity, you could consider the ANA test which is nonspecific, CRP, and ESR.

Ema
  4. nomad

London, UK
    Is there test to measure raised antibody levels and also the presence of a Cytokine Storm ?
  5. nomad

London, UK
    Out of the following labs does anyone have a preference for auto-immunity tests? I understand the Genova diagnostics and great plains are good ?

Genova Diagnostics
    Great Plains Laboratory
    Biolab Medical Unit
    Neuro Lab
    Nutrition Geeks
    The Doctors Laboratory (TDL)
    TDL Manchester
    YorkTest Laboratories
    MELISA Diagnostics Ltd
    Medichecks
  6. nomad

London, UK
  7. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
  8. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Raised antibody levels to what specific disease? There are many antibody tests - most all viral testing, for example, is antibody testing.

I think a cytokine storm would present with high fever and extreme nausea. I've never heard of anyone testing for a cytokine storm but I guess I would test the pro-inflammatory cytokines like IL-1, IL-6 and TNF-alpha.

Ema
  9. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    I've used the London TDL before and found them very good. At that stage I was under the care of a doctor who had an office around the corner but sadly he is now longer in the UK. My bloods went to the USA for immune system testing then. TDL only took the bloods and did the shipping.
  10. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Bangkok, Thailand
    Redlabs in Belgium, often used by dr. Meirleir.
    http://www.redlabs.be/documents/Request Form 08-10IMMUen.V27052013.pdf

Proinflammatory cytokines
    IL1
    IL6
    IL8
    IL10
    IL12p70
    TN
    TGF1
    MIP1
    MCP1

Th1/Th2 cytokines
    IL2
    IL4
    IFN
    mRNA

Cytokine RNA, inflammatory
    IL6
    IL8
    IL10
    TNF
    TGF1
    MIP1
    mRNA

Perforin expression
    NK cell activity

How are you so sure it's a "cytokine storm"?
    What have you been diagnosed with in the past? Which supplements are you taking currently?

See more popular forum discussions.