Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Bartter/Gitelman syndrome

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by soundasacrystal, Mar 31, 2017.

1. soundasacrystal

soundasacrystal

Has anyone been diagnosed with one of these?

I have struggled with low energy, low blood pressure, and polyurea pretty much my whole life. Now I'm starting to think that what I have has a name and a treatment (besides cfs).

What makes me think I might have one of those syndromes is that I have low potassium and low blood pressure. Usually low potassium will cause high blood pressure unless you have either Bartter syndrome or Gitelman syndrome.

Any thoughts?

Rlman likes this.
  2. mhrps

mhrps

I think there is a simple test that could give you a hint. You need to check ph of your blood. In case of Bartter/Gitelman syndrome it should be alkalic I guess.

soundasacrystal likes this.
  3. tango

tango Senior Member

New Zealand
    Does anyone know anything more about Gitelman? I ran my genes and I have 3 homozygous mutations and 2 heterozygous in SLC12A3 and some of the symptoms but I don't know which SNP is the relevant SNP. Or are they all relevant? Any help would be appreciated

4. tango

tango Senior Member

New Zealand

See more popular forum discussions.