• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bartonella Treatment

acrosstheveil

Is there any affordable bartonella treatment? I've tried sourcing houttuynia (which Buhner recommends) from 1stchineseherbs and i react to some allergen used in the manufacturing process. Probably gluten or soy or corn. The only other treatment options that I have found are the A-BART formula from Byron White but he will not sell to me unless I am under the care of a "doctor" and the product itself is outrageously expensive. Another product that works somewhat are the HH2 capsules by Dr. Zhang. These are incredibly expensive as well. If I take 12 capsules a day, a bottle will last only three days.

Is there any sensible/affordable treatment options for someone struggling with lyme plus a serious bartonella infection? I've had this going on 8 years now...

beaverfury

beaverfury
Which country are you in?

Maybe a doctor can prescribe something mainstream for you on a pharmaceutical benefit scheme (depending where you are).

I am taking Azithromycin and Trimethoprim for bartonella.

Otherwise Stephen Buhners herbal protocol for bartonella sounds pretty convincing.

xrunner

@acrosstheveil
What worked for me was the combination Minocycline-Azythromicin-Rifampin and Boluoke and it took about a month. The antibiotics were cheap, Boluoke expensive but without it, prior combinations of antibiotics and that same combo did not work.
Alternatively the Buhners protocol is based on Sida acuta, see below. All other elements of the protocol including Houttuynia are not directly effective against the bacteria but work as modulators and reduce inflammation which may be important but (I speculate) not all of them possibly necessary - he's written a book on the co-infections topic.

BARTONELLA http://buhnerhealinglyme.com/
Research is ongoing, this is the most up to date protocol:
Sida acuta tincture (fromWoodland Essence orjulie@gaianstudies.org) ¼ tsp 3x day for 30 days
• Hawthorn tincture, same
• Japanese knotweed, (tincture, same dose (from same sources asSida acuta, above), or capsules from Green Dragon Botanicals 2 capsules 3x daily)
• EGCG 400mg +- daily
• Houttuynia (Yu Xing Cao – 1st Chinese Herbs, powder – use “LYME” code at checkout for 10% off) 1 tbl daily
• L-arginine 5000 mg daily in divided doses
• Milk Thistle seed, standardized, 1200 mg daily
All for 30 days.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have active herpes, chicken pox, or shingles DO NOT USE L-arginine. see also:bartonella

acrosstheveil

I have already been on buhner's protocol for several years and it does nothing for me at this point. I am in the United States but all the doctor's in my area do not recognize lyme (and especially bartonella) and if you do convince them to test for it the test will almost always come back as a false negative. I cannot afford to see a LLMD anymore due to the incredibly high cost ( i have already spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on this that I never had to begin with). I cannot take conventional antibiotics/antiparasitics due to terrible side effects and my digestive system was destroyed by those a long time ago. Conventional antibiotics are just out of the question right now. I take things to fix leaky gut but it is a delicate balancing act.

I've had lyme, ehrlichiosis, bartonella, mycoplasma, candida, XMRV, etc. for the past 8 years now. I think I have the lyme somewhat under control right now and I believe I have eradicated ehrlichiosis. Now I believe my issues are stemming mostly from a bartonella infection. I do also have candida but I believe that is due to my weakened immune system (from lyme, bartonella, mycoplasma).

I have tried many things to get well but nothing seems to be working anymore. I have tried high dose cat's claw, zhang's HH2 capsules (took a whole bottle every two days, still barely touched it), over 6 grams of SSKI a day, 300+mg of lugol's iodine a day, garlic, sida acuta, all sorts of adaptogens, and every supplement imagineable it seems like. I have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on treatment with very little improvement.

What is the deal here? how come I cannot get better? I have addressed detox issues, methylaton, etc. Studying these diseases have become my full time job. I have studied this stuff for hours a day for over 6 years. I could write many books but could never tell you a cure. Honestly, I'm going to end up in jail or dead if I fight this any harder than I already am (due to psychosis).