1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Chronic Fatigue Initiative and Interview with Mady Hornig
In a follow-up article to the recent IACFS/ME conference presentation in San Francisco, and after speaking at length with Dr. Mady Hornig, 'searcher' delves deeper into the impressive work being completed by the Chronic Fatigue Initiative, and focuses in on those cytokine results ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Baking soda

Discussion in 'Cognition' started by Mimi81, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Mimi81

Mimi81

Hi...
    I have a severe Brainfog, like i am space out or a very bad fatique in brain..weard, i know!! I heard that baking soda can help,is this true????
  2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    I've used baking soda to counteract. MCS exposure. I don't know about dog but I'd be curious

I used 1/4 tsp in 4 oz water. How were you going to take it?
  3. Jon_Tradicionali

Jon_Tradicionali Senior Member

Zogor-Ndreaj, Shkodër, Albania
    I too read that baking soda would improve brain fog.

I took as much as 3 t/p per day and still no effect.

So, for me, it did not work.
  4. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK
    I don't know the exact answer, but it may help by reducing acidity in the gut (and maybe in the brain?) when conditions are too acidic. One of the things that causes my brain fog is pressure in the bowel (e.g. from trapped gas), which could act via the vagus nerve, but that's not the only cause. I am taking sodium bicarbonate (the chemical name for baking soda) long-term for perceived acidosis.

Just found a site that analyses research on supplements, and it has a huge amount of info on sod bic.

It may not act fast.
  5. Radio

Radio Pay it forward and never give up!

I stop consuming bake goods and the brain fog i had my whole life was gone! (Poof) ;)

See more popular forum discussions.