• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Baicalin

helen1

@Uno
That's great that it's helping you. Just so you know, baicalin is an extract of chinese skullcap (aka skullcap baicalensis), it's not synonymous with it.

Rrrr

the company, liftmode, that makes this baicalin supplement is all out and expects to get it in a few weeks. do any of you have any you can spare for a short bit (i don't need a lot, just a few teaspoons of the powder) and i'll send some back once the company gets it back on its website? thanks! @Uno @minkeygirl

Carl

I have used Chinese Skullcap but it tended to make my skin unpleasantly dry when I tried it. I used an Chinese 5:1 extract powder in 100g pots from a Chinese herbal product seller. They can be found on a number of internet stores and eBay but eBay tends to be more expensive.

Taken from numerous notes on Chinese Skullcap which might be relevant to someone:

Baicalein, a flavone in the leaves of Scutellaria, blocks antibiotic resistance by inhibiting the removal of the drug through MDR (multiple drug resistance) pumps. When used with antibiotics, Baicalein noticeably increases the efficacy of several antibiotics. There is also some evidence that Chinese Skullcap is directly damaging to the bacteria outer membrane as well.

D’Adamo has been using this herbal combination (andrographis, Chinese skullcap, schisandra, atractylodes, Siberian ginseng) for chronic, stubborn or otherwise long-lasting infectious states.

Chinese Skullcap flavonoid is a mint and is used in traditional Eastern medicine to normalize an over-active digestive system. Scutellaria decreases inflammatory cytokine production from human mast cells. Scutellaria also has a cell-regulating effect; encouraging the body to more efficiently remove cells which have become dysfunctional, either though age or malformation.

Baicalin inhibits biofilm formation, attenuates the quorum sensing-controlled virulence and enhances Pseudomonas aeruginosa clearance in a mouse peritoneal implant infection model

Albizzia lebeck (Pit Shirish) and Scutellaria baicalensis (Baikal Skullcap) are two herbs that exhibit a marked anti-histamine action.

Scutellaria baicalensis has been traditionally used in China to treat a wide range of inflammatory and allergic conditions. It has been shown to have antioxidant and sedative properties as well as a potent anti-histamine action.[23] Baicalein, an active chemical found in Scutellaria baicalensis has been found to inhibit the production of inflammatory cytokins and the degranulation of human mast cells.[24]