• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bactrim for sinusitis?

perchance dreamer

My ENT thinks a lot of sinus infections are fungus based, too. She asks new patients to go on Ortho Molecular's Ortho Biotic Powder and Ortho Molecular's Sinatrol. With the probiotic, she thinks it's better for the sinuses to go with a powder you dissolve in water instead of a capsule.

When I first went to her, I did have fungus in my sinuses (ewww, right?). I went on the 2 recommended supplements.

Fungus never showed up again for me in my sinuses, so that is effective, but I'm still plagued by bacterial sinus infections. The problem I have is that almost anything natural I try for my sinuses has a horrid effect on my sleep. I do tolerate the 2 supplements she recommended, though.