1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Bacteria: the missing link between psych stress and heart attack

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by natasa778, Jun 11, 2014.

1. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2014-06/asfm-bhe060514.php
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    This is a new development in an old saga. I forget when I first read this idea ... the 90s maybe?
  3. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    again, not "psychological mumbo jumbo bullshit" but way the physical body reacts to cope with stress, stress NOT being the psych's idiot idea of that term, but ANY form of stressor in proper sense, because our bodies are the product of 4 billion years of evolution, during which, stress, as load, damage, reaction to things, is a vital feedback and response mechanism

Our bodies are like self regulating engines.
    Emotional stress shows "load", fight or flight, fear etc, the body responds to such to prepare to run away, deal with possible incoming trauma, or even I suspect, things like plagues, the reaction to such to get away, to heighten the immune system etc

However, the body is so incredibly complex as to stagger the mind, the Large Hadron Collider and physics are by comparison *simple*
    Bacteria that are not true symbiots may well "watch" for events that indicate weakening of the immune system, to take advantage, or, because of complexity, have unintended reactions, possibly even reactions that kill the organism, but thus release toxins into the body.

Psychs need to read more engineering, IMHO
  4. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    I think this is the original article:

See more popular forum discussions.