1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Bacopa

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by kaffiend, Jul 25, 2011.

1. kaffiend

kaffiend Senior Member

California
    I seem to be having some improvement in cognition & working memory with bacopa monnieri. It's inexpensive and there's a fair amount of research on it, considering it's a supplement. I do cognitive training games a few days a week and the scores have improved noticeably. I've also been finding myself doing my work lately (programming, analysis of neuroimaging data).

The interesting part is that I can still crash the next day from doing too much mental work, only the crash doesn't affect my cognition nearly as much. So, it's a bit of a double edged sword.

2. leaves

leaves Senior Member

great to hear that! how much are you taking?

3. kaffiend

kaffiend Senior Member

California
    Two 200mg pills; one with breakfast and one after lunch. I don't notice anything in particular, such as feeling more awake or alert as one might feel with coffee. So, I don't think it has a stimulant effect. I just find myself making simple decisions more normally, such as pressing the buttons on the microwave instead of staring at them and wondering why I'm there in the first place.

See more popular forum discussions.