Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Back to feeling ill

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Jessie 107, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Jessie 107

Jessie 107

Brighton
    Hi to all,
    Well after having nine days of feeling reasonable (not 100%) but better than I have felt in a long time, yesterday I was back to feeling ill again. I even started to think I was slowly recovering. I was careful not to over do things, but I think the last two days I had to get up quite early for hospital appointments (not been up early for a while) may have just been too much. Though it's tough going back to feeling ill again, I am grateful for the good days I've just had, I haven't had any good days until now.
    I had a appointment with the rheumatologist and he has done three more blood tests, and one urine test. If these come back clear he said my doctor can refer me to a me/cfs clinic. After examining me and asking me alot of questions, he said he can't find anything wrong, I am quite healthy and had I considered a holiday!
    I said no because even the travelling would make me ill, don't think he really got what I was saying though.
    So just waiting now for the results of these blood tests which I expect to be normal.
    Regards
    Jessie

Sandman00747 and MeSci like this.
  2. Butydoc

Butydoc President

Hi Jessie,

Unfortunately your story is all to common. It sounds like you have a positive attitude dispite your setback. This may be one of your most powerful tools. Hopefully you'll find that healthier state soon.

Best,
    Gary

barbc56 and Sushi like this.

See more popular forum discussions.