• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Back pain.

Fuzzyhead

The last few weeks the left side of my back hurts with every breath or if i stretch my left arm to the side, the deeper I breath the more it hurts. It hurts all my back if I lay on a hard surface. I.e floor. Anyone else because this is new. It feels like my ribs at the back.

JAH

Does it feel like it wraps around your rib cage? Or pain is at the bottom of your ribs, on the side? I have that feeling on the right side, and for years thought it was something with my gallbladder - even had an ultrasound, which was negative - but turned out to be a radiculopathy in my back. I just rarely feel it in my back, almost always feel it on my sides.

It was diagnosed with an emg (don't really recommend that test...), and had it for years before being diagnosed, so hope yours is different cause...JAH