• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

b12 upper lip absoption vs. under the tongue

Does anyone else feel that they absorb the mb12 sublinguals better when placed under their tongue instead of the upper lip? Even though they last longer when placed in my upper lip, I feel that they are better absorbed when under tongue. When I place one in my upper lip it barely gets rid of this horrible stiff, pain I have in my neck and shoulders. When under the tongue the pain lifts after its absorbed until the b12 in my blood dips again.

I'm struggling with absorption with the sublinguals in general, they don't seem to keep my blood levels high enough for long enough, looking to try the Australian transdermal oils soon. I get best results with 15mg of mb12 but the Jarrows are too harsh with the citric acid and the Enzy's are not strong enough. I have 5mg Country Life in the post, so I will try them soon. Hopefully I start to build up levels properly soon and my symptoms fade properly rather than intermittently, only been taking b12 for three weeks or so.

PeterPositive

Hi,
I have tried the two modalities and honestly I cannot feel a difference. My B12 serum levels went up pretty quickly with sublingual method which means that they get absorbed, and I very much prefer this way as I don't want to keep all that sugar in my mouth for too long.

I use Source Naturals methyl-B12 (5mg) and Enzymatic Therapy's (1mg), they both dissolve in around 25-30min, if I keep them firmly under the tongue, without talking.

cheers