• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B12 to 5MTHF can't get my ratio correct

I began protocol with all vitamins and minerals
3000mcg of MB12
6-800mcg of 5mthf
L carnitine 125mcg
Divided this into doses through day
My first week was emotionally awful, but I could feel physical healing, so I pushed
By week three I felt stalled so...
I added AdB12 1000mcg and raised MB12 to 4000mcg or so per day
I didn't add more 5mthf
I got to the point of vomiting yesterday, and thanks to another member here realized I was suffering paradoxical folate insufficiency
So...today I added more 5Mthf
Approx 500mcg each time or 1500mcg total
Vomiting is over, and I have a slight headache.
I've been drinking approx 2000mcg of potassium via coconut water each day.
Question is ---I don't know if I'm healing? I can't feel anything happening. Just headachy, fatigued and dizzy.
Any thoughts on getting my MB12, Ad12 and 5mthf dosage right?
Anything I'm doing wrong?

helen1

I think you might have increased your doses too quickly as three weeks to those amounts would have made me feel pretty bad too.

Lots of us have had to build up much more slowly to be able to tolerate the increased metabolic activity that methyl donors cause. Actually it's more the increase in metabolic byproducts that seem to cause the negative side effects.