• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B12 Supplement with both Adeno and Methyl B12?

LynnJ

How long does one bottle last? That $50 price tag made me cringe. I assume shipping isn't cheap, either. I'm a little confused about those oils tbh when it comes to dosing, how much you apply, etc.

LynnJ

Holy cow. Yep, $20 to ship to the US. $70 total? I don't think that's doable for me.

garyfritz

One bottle contains somewhere around 60 doses. 1 dose/day is enough for most people, but I have huge b12 needs so I use 2-3/day. The price drops to $40 if you order 3. Shipping is $20, but that's the same for 1 bottle or 4. So order 3 at a time and it's about $47/bottle with shipping.

It's extremely effective, more so than any other b12 I've tried. One member recently compared it to the Seeking Health product:
As a possible point of interest, I have found that the Adenosyl Oil in the mixed container, posted somewhere here to be 1.8 mg ado, along with 0.7 mg meB12, when absorbed is far more potent than 4 of the Seeking Health Adenosyl B12 tablets which have 3,000mcg in each
So you may find it's actually cheaper for the same results...

How long does one bottle last? That $50 price tag made me cringe. I assume shipping isn't cheap, either. I'm a little confused about those oils tbh when it comes to dosing, how much you apply, etc.
My son is using the same oil and uses one squirt a day so the bottle lasts just over 6 weeks. Had a noticeable affect within 4 days on cognition and concentration so I'm loathe to stop it in case! I ordered one and was so pleased I ordered 3 the next time to get the discount. We have had no testing done (uk) so this was a shot in the dark but seems successful. Was taking multi vits and Vegepa already and we added in Methylfolate a couple of weeks later. Not had a significant crash since starting this in February but that could be co-incidence. Best of luck-

arewenearlythereyet

I'm also a fan of the oils and can confirm that they are way more potent than sublingual (I've never tried injection). One squirt was more potent than 10 mg of sublingual methyl by a long way. You also get less ups and downs since it doses gradually over 8 hrs. I had about 3 weeks before things settled down but I wouldn't be without it now. It's my most expensive but most effective supplement by far.

I use 2 squirts a day one in the morning and another before bed. If I've drunk any alcohol I double dose the night time one.

LynnJ

Hm. I would really love to try it, but the problem is, I don't think I could afford it in the long run. Which makes buying it one or twice largely useless for me, since I'd have to return to the more affordable pills eventually.

arewenearlythereyet

I dunno about that. My current sublingual is like $6! Quite a difference.

How much B12 is in one "dose," exactly?
Comparative doseage is that you get 5-10% absorption from sublingual and 80% from the subdermal. The doseage amounts for the oils are on the website I think. I can't place my original calculations at the moment but it should be near the end of the thread that Gary posted above

Edit:subdermal

LynnJ

Well, maybe one day I'll try them, but unfortunately, it's just not something I can do right now. Sublinguals have helped me tremendously. Taking them with my folinic acid on a daily basis has made the horrible neuropathy in my feet and insane shoulder pain vanish. The only continuing issues I really have are some fatigue and eye floaters. And I have no clue if the floaters are related to anything nutritional.

garyfritz

I dunno about that. My current sublingual is like $6! Quite a difference.
Per pill, maybe. Per *result*, NO! That's what I'm trying to tell you -- the oil is hugely more effective than sublinguals so you don't need as much. The quote I posted above said the oil is much more potent than the Seeking Health product. Before I found the oil I was taking 30-40mg/day of sublinguals, and still felt fairly crappy. Now I take roughly 5-10mg/day of oil, and I feel MUCH MUCH better.

Like @arewenearlythereyet said, the transdermal oil is documented (with animal testing) to deliver 80% of the B12 to your body. Sublinguals are generally 5% or less, depending on how carefully you use them. (Suck on a sublingual so it dissolves in 2 minutes and you won't get much of anything from it. Tuck it behind your lip where it dissolves slowly over 20-30 minutes and you get a LOT more.) So "1mg" from oil is a lot more effective than "1mg" from sublinguals. You won't need as many "mg" in oil as you do with sublinguals, and that's why I'm saying it may actually be cheaper. And there's a very good chance you'll feel better, which IMHO is worth paying more for.

As an example, I was using Country Life Methyl B12 5000mcg sublinguals. Those are about $14 for 60 lozenges. I was using 30mg/day or more, so 6-8 per day -- that's about $1.40 - $1.85 per day. And while it helped a lot, I still felt crappy. Meanwhile if you buy the oil 3x at a time, it's about $47/bottle or about $0.78/dose. 2 doses/day of the oil costs about as much as the 30-40mg/day of sublinguals I was taking, and it works MUCH better. You may not need as much B12 as I do, so you may be able to use less.

LynnJ

Which is great, but what I'm trying to tell you is....I can't afford using those oils long term! LOL.

Unless I could use DRASTICALLY less - like one pump per WEEK - it's not doable for me. Sorry. I really do want to try them... But unless one bottle lasts me 3-4 months, nope. It's no doubt worth it if you have the money, but...

garyfritz

Which is great, but what I'm trying to tell you is....I can't afford using those oils long term! LOL.
Then you can't afford to take the sublinguals either, because in the experience of many people here, the oils are more effective and end up costing the same or less for better results.

LynnJ

Thank you for your suggestion. I updated the post to reflect that I am looking for a sublingual product at this time.

I assure you that I keep my eyes on my personal financial situation and have done the math, and at this time I am not looking to buy the oils.