• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B12 Results

Mij

So my blood work is in. The end of March my B12 status was down at 217, I've been taking Enzymatic Therapy mB12 (sometimes Jamieson mB12 strips) 3000mcg/day, Metafolin 200mcg/day, Thorne B Complex #6, and Iron daily for 3 months. My ferritin has dropped despite supplementing which is weird.

I read somewhere that B12 supplementation lowers iron? Is this correct?

My MCV has gone down too.

Anyways, after supplementing with mb12 sublinguals for 3 months my status is now up at 548 and my Burning Mouth Syndrome has disappeared since 2wk ago. So the low B12 levels was causing this.

One interesting note, my WBC is up at 4.6!! It' has been down at 3.2 for the last decade.

My Bilirubin is slightly elevated.

Oh and I've noticed some tingling in my legs, feet and arms but very slight in the last few weeks. I never had this before.

I'll continue with all of the above supplements. I'm wondering if I should up my dose of Metafolin.