• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B12/Folate nausea?

(Sorry, I can't see how to delete my post; I just reposted it in Detox, because that looks like a more appropriate place.)

My 15 year old (who has Lyme, and likely MCS), recently started taking Methyl B12 Plus from Douglas Labs. This is a lozenge with 400 mcg Metafolin and 1000 mcg Methylcobalamin. She says that after about 1/4 or less has melted in her mouth, she starts to feel nauseous. Then she's been chewing it and swallowing it. This has been going on for several weeks, but I didn't realize it. She says swallowing it does not make the nausea worse. I have her off it for now.

Is this quick reaction a lifting of the methylation cycle block? Or something else? Does it just mean we need to go slower with starting this, like give her 1/4 or less per day and work up slowly to one lozenge?

I am fairly new to this stuff. Have not done SNP testing yet. Planning on doing 23andme soon.

-Upwards