1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

B12 Documentary

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by arx, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Xara

Xara Senior Member

The Netherlands
    Part 3:

2. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    Thanks Xara for posting these. I will check out Part 3 first, based on your recommendation of it.

btw... I love your avatar kitty. Adorable! :love:

3. Xara

Xara Senior Member

The Netherlands
    Thanks, Dreambirdie. Kitties are cute. :)

About part 3. The beginning is interesting, later on it's more about politics, IIRC. In the first part of part 3 there's also a woman who says, she has been ill for over thirty years (did I hear that correctly?) and has improved by getting injections twice a day. That's hopeful! - well, at least for me (I have been ill for over twenty years).

Part 1 is also interesting, it's about testing. So I think many people will find part 1 more interesting.
    Part 2 I don't remember... :( I remember vaguely people telling about their own experiences, what B12 deficieny did to their lives.

So I guess it depends on where you stand which part interests you most.

Dreambirdie likes this.
  4. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    Thanks for elaborating on them a bit more. I don't usually enjoy watching online videos, so I'm trying to figure which will be most useful to me. I will start with 3 and see how it goes up to the politics.

5. Xara

Xara Senior Member

The Netherlands
    You're welcome. I hope you enjoy it. Please tell me what you think of it after having watched it.

6. Xara

Xara Senior Member

The Netherlands
  7. Xara

Xara Senior Member

The Netherlands
    For Dutch people: active B12 can be tested at Erasmus Medisch Centrum in Rotterdam and at Medisch Spectrum Twente, Enschede. It's called the Holo-TC test.

8. ScottJ

ScottJ

Hi Freddd,
    I've been reading much about your protocol, but as I search around the web I find different supplements listed, and believe some of them may be older lists. I am hoping you can help me as you sound very knowledgeable and experienced in this realm.
    I was feeling fine and living a happy healthy (I thought) life until about 9 months ago... I suddenly started losing weight, was dizzy all the time, had vision issues and was needing to sleep 12 plus hours a day, had lots of pins and needles feeling in my hands, feel and head and overall just a brain fog. After many doctor visits and tests I was diagnosed with Pernicious Anemia because of little to no Intrinsic Factor. I was relieved to have a diagnosis and was started on the typical Cayno B12 shots weekly then monthly and then when I didn't feel much better my doc agreed to 2 shots a month. I recently switched from Cayno B12 to Methyl B12 injection of 1000 mcg 2 times month.

Within a couple of months of my injections my weight came back and my energy level a bit too... but now 9 months out I am still having vision issues, mild eye pain and an intense brain fog... hard to think, hard to read, hard to concentrate. My pins and needles have largely subsided, but my muscles often feel tired and week, specifically my legs. I am guessing I have some Sub acute Combined Degeneration of the Cord???

Can you help me with what I might use to aide in recovery? What supplements should I try? What brand would be best?

I really appreciate any advice and hope you can give.

sincerely,

scott

9. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    It's true that B12 and folate deficiencies can cause CFS (or CFS symptoms), but many times it's the other way around. Much of the time with CFS certain illnesses cause glutathione depletion which then leads to B12 and folate deficiencies. These underlying illnesses need to be treated for a person to fully recover. We should be careful not to extrapolate the experiences of people with certain genetic issues that cause B12 and folate deficiencies. Many people here do not need the dosages recommended by those with problems processing B12 and folate caused by certain genetic conditions.

10. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
  11. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    WOW! I've only just started this vid. How scary, how amazing! Thank you for sharing. ahmo

12. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

WOW indeed! Thanks for your post Roxie. I've been watching this thread, but hadn't seen this vid until your post came through. I've just begun it, but how scary, how illuminating that B12 deficiency can be so ruinous. ahmo

13. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    Do you have B12 deficiency? Have you done a 23andME? I am curious to know others with B12 issues if you did 23andMe if you know your alelles for the following TCN2 snps. I believe the alleles I ahve listted for me are the risk alleles (as always I could be wrong but based on research so far)

TCN2 C766G Rs1801198 GG
    TCN2 (6948) (PES1) Rs5749131 AA
    TCN2 Rs5997704 TT
    TCN2 Rs2267163 TT

Valentijn likes this.
  14. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    I was not allowed to have Holo-TC test. Apparently it must be expensive and requires pre-approval. Will discuss with Dr next week on whether need it (she refused approval thus far). If MMA comes back high then I think I have good support to request Holo-TC.

Valentijn likes this.
  15. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Roxie, I've been following Freddd's protocol since March. It's made a world of difference. I've done 23andme, and have Firefox SNPtips, which highlights my genes when they appear on a page. But I'm not getting any info from the alleles you've posted, just telling me to reload my data, which I'll attend to later. Cheers, ahmo

roxie60 likes this.
  16. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    rs1801198 GG and rs2267163 TT are having the same effect, since everyone who has one always has the other as well. Hence there's no cumulative effect in having both, and really just one is relevant. The effects are relatively mild, and the "minor" allele is actually the major allele in many populations. According to Table 3 of http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/81/6/1436.long levels of serum holotranscobalamin for people with GG are 85% of what they are for people with CC. CG might be at 94% of CC, but the sample size is too small to show significance.

I haven't seen any research indicating the other two are ever problematic in any form, and one is actually located on a different (neighboring) gene, though the gene viewer lists it on both due to them being so close together.

17. Crux

Crux Senior Member

USA
    Thanks for posting this, Roxie.
    Which genetic analysis site did you use to get your results?

I'm hetero for 3 of the TCN2 snps above, and have no mutation listed for rs 5749131. I'm hetero for most snps because it was my father who passed on the health problems. ( My mother is in good health at 82.)

A large part of my motivation to learn about genetics, ( it's a big struggle for me), is to figure out what caused the young, unexplained deaths of my brother and sister, along with my own near death.

B12 deficiency has been a part of it , along with autoimmunity.

Anyway, I appreciate your searches, it takes a great amount of energy, and leaves me cross-eyed !

18. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    I used 23andME.

19. Crux

Crux Senior Member

USA
    Yes, but did you download into genetic genie, promethease, livewello, or ?
    Thanks.

20. Crux

Crux Senior Member

USA

See more popular forum discussions.