The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

B12 and that wired feeling....

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Timaca, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Timaca

Timaca Senior Member

Anyone else get a "wired but tired" feeling from taking B12? I haven't been taking much....not more than 250 mcg/day....but boy the wired feeling has hit me! And it seems the last time I had this (the wired feeling) was when I also tried B12!

It definitely causes cystic acne in me too.

Anyway, just wondering if other experience this. What is the reason that this occurs (if there is a relationship).

I need to take B12 as my levels are getting low (317) and I think I'm beginning to have some deficiency symptoms. But I sure don't like this wired feeling!

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

2. Sidereal

Sidereal Senior Member

Which form of B12 did you take? Hydroxycobalamin is what I take. Methyl B12 makes me super wired/agitated, I stay away from it.

Timaca and Valentijn like this.
  3. Timaca

Timaca Senior Member

I've been taking both kinds....in various kinds of supplements.... yesterday I took 2 drops of a liquid B12 (40 mcg per drop). It was cyanocobalamin. I have pretty bad "red alert" (what I call it) this morning. I *seem* to do okay with a small amount 16 mcg of methylcobalamin in 1 gummy of the Smarty Pants women's vitamin (I cut it in 4ths and take it throughout the day). However, today I'm not going to take anything and hope this calms down some! Ugh!

4. Sidereal

Sidereal Senior Member

What I've found helpful is combining a tiny bit of niacin (25 mg) with B12 and other B vitamins that cause agitation. It puts a break on methylation. Too much niacin makes me completely crash of course. It's a balancing act.

5. Eastman

Eastman Senior Member

Personally, I cut back my B12 dosage to limit overstimulation. But I also mentioned Ben Lynch's recommendations in another thread.

Also, have you read this thread? It discusses the view that vitamin B2 and other nutrients may be needed during or prior to methylation.

6. Timaca

Timaca Senior Member

Thank you Eastman. So B12 causes overstimulation in you? How much were you taking and how much did you cut back to?

I'm not trying to follow any protocol and I'm not familiar with methylation. I'm just trying to raise my serum B12 levels as I'm borderline deficient (and experiencing symptoms).

Thanks for your reply. It gave lots of info...

7. Timaca

Timaca Senior Member

Sidereal~ So you find that B vitamins in general cause agitation for you?

8. Eastman

Eastman Senior Member

My daily dosage of mb12 was about 180 mcg applied transdermally, i.e. mixed in a body lotion and applied on the skin. I've cut this back to the same dosage but just twice a week.

9. Sidereal

Sidereal Senior Member

Not all of them, just the ones that raise my energy: B1, B5, folate (B9), B12

Timaca likes this.
  10. Johnmac

Johnmac Senior Member

Cambodia
    I had a fair bit of trouble sleeping when I first switched to the transdermal oil (methyl & adenosyl), presumably because of the much higher penetration, but after a month it settled down.

Timaca likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.