1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

B12 and sleepiness? To take it at night?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by arx, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Star-Anise

Star-Anise Senior Member

@arx
    Hi there, I am using NOW foods methylB12 right now.
    to be honest, I think that I might get sleepy with more than 1000mcg at a time too. I have only taken 1000mcg at at time. I have slowly been building up to 1000mcg twice per day for almost one year now.
    The fact that the Solgar brand gave you energy boost, and then you were sleepy, in my mind is promising. I found that was the case when I first started to supplement with it too. I would take the dose down a bit so that you don't get such a high/low response. More medium paced, steady energy is better.

@peggy-sue re: folate - I would say yes, methyl-folate or at very least folinic acid is better than folate. Folinic acid supplementation is controversial, & you can research more on this forum, due to it's potential relationship to glutathione production, but I don't know more than that.
    S

arx and peggy-sue like this.
  2. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

Why does the adeno give him sore glands? Thanks

3. Star-Anise

Star-Anise Senior Member

@knackers323
    I dunno re: adenosylB12 = sore lymph nodes. I figured it was due to some hyper detox at the time. But now I don't know. I haven't tried him on it again. He is doing well on hydroxy for now. I'm going to try him on a low-dose Thorne Multi with some oral versus sublingual adenosyl B12 as well as methylB12 soon. It also has methylfolate & folinic acid in it. He hasn't tolerated folate well up to this point in any form.
    S

See more popular forum discussions.