1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

B12 and Sciatica

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by arx, Jun 19, 2012.

1. arx

arx Senior Member

My dad has been suffering from Sciatica for the past few years. He got his serum b12 checked and it is 190. Could it be the reason for Sciatica and can it be cured with mb12 injections?

Thanks
  2. Crux

Crux Senior Member

USA
    Hi ARX;

That's a low number. Your father is probably having an awful lot of pain. B12 deficiency is associated with sciatica. I have a history of B12 deficiency and sciatica. Now that I take B12 daily, I no longer have it.
  3. arx

arx Senior Member

That is really good news. Please tell me what protocol you followed,was it injections and/or sublinguals? Also,how much time did it take for you to recover?

Thanks.
  4. Xandoff

Xandoff Michael

Northern Vermont
    I can report a similar story with B-12 and sciatica. After I started B-12 injections my sciatica improved. I order pre-filled syringes from Wellness pharmacy Inc oout of Birmingham, Alabama. They are about $85.00 for 20 pre filled syringes including shipping.. They contain 25mg/ml of methylB12. It is the only form of B-12 that passes the blood brain barrier except for sub-linguals. Some take it every other day, I take it every day. You need a prescription. It also improves my brain function and mood.
  5. Crux

Crux Senior Member

USA
    Hi Arx;
    I don't remember exactly how long it took to heal the sciatica. It was another B12 deficiency issue that I had for years, but didn't figure it out until I began to read about it. My guess is that it could take a few months or more. Some of my nerve damage took close to a year.

I'm now taking a 5mg. sublingual of jarrow's methyl B12 daily. But I understand that some people may need differing amounts. Some people may heal faster and respond better with injections, as in Xandoff's case. ( Go Xandoff !)
  6. arx

arx Senior Member

Ok.

Thanks for the info, Xandoff and Crux.

See more popular forum discussions.