• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B12 and increased histamine, help needed please

Hi everybody.

Lately I have been reading a lot about Histadelia(high histamine). Many of the
symptoms I have had the last decade are about the same.

If I take vitamin B12 in small dosages(3mg ED) for like 2 or 3 days, I feel so imbalanced. My
heart rate goes up noticeably. I start sweating even more. My hay fever gets worse
noticeably. I now understand these are high histamine symptoms.

These symptoms seem to be caused by undermethylation. Treatment is calcium, magnesium,
methionine or SAM-e, TMG and avoidance of folates/folic acid and B12.

There are also some people who claim that if you take methyfolate and methylcolobalamin, this
will solve the problem as there seems to be some methyl trapping issue.

Undermethylated people should have problems with low neurotransmitters. I definitely think I am
low in serotonin and dopamine. They also supposedly should have problems with copper. I have had problems with copper as long as I know.

When I take Calcium/magnesium/ zinc tablets, I definitely notice they help in some way. Maybe
they make the histamine less bioavailable.

I am considering using calcium/magnesium/zinc tablets with TMG and b6 to increase methionine and
SAM-E.

Can anybody give some ideas as to why b12 gives me so bad histamine symptoms and what I should try?

Thanks in advance