1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

B12 and increased histamine, help needed please

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by cfs8years, Jul 3, 2013.

1. cfs8years

cfs8years

Hi everybody.

Lately I have been reading a lot about Histadelia(high histamine). Many of the
    symptoms I have had the last decade are about the same.

If I take vitamin B12 in small dosages(3mg ED) for like 2 or 3 days, I feel so imbalanced. My
    heart rate goes up noticeably. I start sweating even more. My hay fever gets worse
    noticeably. I now understand these are high histamine symptoms.

These symptoms seem to be caused by undermethylation. Treatment is calcium, magnesium,
    methionine or SAM-e, TMG and avoidance of folates/folic acid and B12.

There are also some people who claim that if you take methyfolate and methylcolobalamin, this
    will solve the problem as there seems to be some methyl trapping issue.

Undermethylated people should have problems with low neurotransmitters. I definitely think I am
    low in serotonin and dopamine. They also supposedly should have problems with copper. I have had problems with copper as long as I know.

When I take Calcium/magnesium/ zinc tablets, I definitely notice they help in some way. Maybe
    they make the histamine less bioavailable.

I am considering using calcium/magnesium/zinc tablets with TMG and b6 to increase methionine and
    SAM-E.

Can anybody give some ideas as to why b12 gives me so bad histamine symptoms and what I should try?

Thanks in advance

See more popular forum discussions.