Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

B12 and caffeine

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by cman89, Oct 31, 2014.

1. cman89

cman89 Senior Member

Hayden, Idaho
    I am currently dosing caffeine on a day on day off basis, just from drinking coffee. If I keep myself to one cup, it provides a somewhat effective pick me up, and I can sleep at night with supplements and by keeping my coffee drinking limited to early morning. I have done a short Methylation trial in the past, and want to try it again, but I do not know how the caffeine would interfere with methylation or the b12. The caffeine is an effective stimulant, but it is not a long term solution in my mind, I feel methylation offers me promise, but I would like to use both at the same time if there is no interference. Is there?

2. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    Nothing directly consequential. It may make you more prone to being overtly anxious, jittery, and agitated taken together though.

PeterPositive likes this.
  3. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Seconded.
    Methyl-B12 especially can give you a caffeine-like effect, if you're sensitive to it (B12). Not everyone is.

I don't handle caffeine very well, and methyl-B12 made me anxious initially (1mg). So I cut the dose and went slowly, today I can handle 5mg without extra nervousness / anxiety. It has significantly improved my energy and less brain fog.

cheers

4. cman89

cman89 Senior Member

Hayden, Idaho
    So the caffeine woul dnot have a leeching effect of the supplements?

5. Helen

Helen Senior Member

6. Johnmac

Johnmac Senior Member

Cambodia
    Caffeine reactions on the Freddd protocol are much worse for me - to the point where I've had to stop drinking tea. Mainly anxiety.

See more popular forum discussions.