• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B12 and caffeine

cman89

I am currently dosing caffeine on a day on day off basis, just from drinking coffee. If I keep myself to one cup, it provides a somewhat effective pick me up, and I can sleep at night with supplements and by keeping my coffee drinking limited to early morning. I have done a short Methylation trial in the past, and want to try it again, but I do not know how the caffeine would interfere with methylation or the b12. The caffeine is an effective stimulant, but it is not a long term solution in my mind, I feel methylation offers me promise, but I would like to use both at the same time if there is no interference. Is there?

PeterPositive

Seconded.
Methyl-B12 especially can give you a caffeine-like effect, if you're sensitive to it (B12). Not everyone is.

I don't handle caffeine very well, and methyl-B12 made me anxious initially (1mg). So I cut the dose and went slowly, today I can handle 5mg without extra nervousness / anxiety. It has significantly improved my energy and less brain fog.

cheers

Johnmac

Caffeine reactions on the Freddd protocol are much worse for me - to the point where I've had to stop drinking tea. Mainly anxiety.