• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B vitamins

I started taking a B Complex about a week ago. Now I have an all-over body itch, no rash. I know I could take each B separately to figure out which one is bothering me. But you guys are so smart I thought I would just see if anyone here has had this reaction to a certain B vitamin. Thanks

Sheryl

caledonia

There is enough niacin to cause a niacin flush. But you would likely have red skin too. I get it on my arms and legs. It would last about an hour after taking the pill. It also produces tingling hands and maybe feet.

It has quite a bit of B6 which could cause problems if you have CBS. I'm not sure what reaction it would cause though, as I've never exceeded 20mg or so of B6.

The fillers look like standard stuff, but I guess you never know.