• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B-vitamins and doing good

Tia

Hey!

I started B-vitamins and don't know if it's because of them but I've had a splendid week where I've been sleeping normal for DAYS now. :eek: 9 hours a day and not sleepy during the day or in need of naps.

Started the vitamins about a month ago and they contain folic acid aswell. I'm sure I'll crash eventually and of course the pain and other symptoms are still there but it's wonderful to not have to sleep all the time and being able to go out and do things that healthy people can.

So i just wanted to share this with you. :) Anyone with the same experience?

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi Tia, i am so happy to hear this news. I have been having some improvements recently as well. I put mine down to a whole host of things that i am doing all at once - mainly supplements and herbs and body work. I havent tried multi B vits as i am a bit wary of B6 due to a really severe reaction to an SSRI two years ago.
I hope this continues for you. I always have to be careful not to go out too much or go too mad when i feel a bit better because of the dreaded crash - so please be a bit careful, but on the other hand have a nice time and enjoy it!

ukxmrv

Taking B multi-vitamins always makes me feel really toxic and much weaker.

Have you taken different ones before and anything special about these?

richvank

Hi, all.

I'm happy to hear of the progress you are having.

If your B vitamins include folate and B12, I think it's possible that the improvements are coming from boosting methionine synthase in the methylation cycle. If you want to find out more about this, go to www.cfsresearch.org Click on CFS/M.E. and then on my name. The revised protocol there gives suggestions for forms of B12 and folate that are likely to be most helpful.

Best regards,

Rich

kerrilyn

Hi, all.

I'm happy to hear of the progress you are having.

If your B vitamins include folate and B12, I think it's possible that the improvements are coming from boosting methionine synthase in the methylation cycle. If you want to find out more about this, go to www.cfsresearch.org Click on CFS/M.E. and then on my name. The revised protocol there gives suggestions for forms of B12 and folate that are likely to be most helpful.

Best regards,

Rich

Rich, you may remember that I mentioned before doing well on just Ab12, I'm still taking it. I'm also taking 1/4 tab Folapro, a B-Right and 1/2 tab Methyl B12 (sublingual) at the moment because that's what I have here. When I tried them before they made me very tired, so I'm now taking them before bed, along with liquid magnesium, and melatonin. I'm on a good sleep schedule for once. YAH!!!!! Hope it continues. Will keep you posted.

richvank

Rich, you may remember that I mentioned before doing well on just Ab12, I'm still taking it. I'm also taking 1/4 tab Folapro, a B-Right and 1/2 tab Methyl B12 (sublingual) at the moment because that's what I have here. When I tried them before they made me very tired, so I'm now taking them before bed, along with liquid magnesium, and melatonin. I'm on a good sleep schedule for once. YAH!!!!! Hope it continues. Will keep you posted.

Hi, Kerrilyn.

That's great! Thanks for the update.

Rich

Tia

Hey guys!

Thank you all for your kind wishes. <3 Afraid I'm going to dissapoint though. Crashed today, sleep as mush as usual again but it sure was good having these days to feel what it's like. Glad to have the experience. I'll continue the B-vitamins though, since one never knows, it may be helpful anyway. :)

richvank

Hey guys!

Thank you all for your kind wishes. <3 Afraid I'm going to dissapoint though. Crashed today, sleep as mush as usual again but it sure was good having these days to feel what it's like. Glad to have the experience. I'll continue the B-vitamins though, since one never knows, it may be helpful anyway. :)

Hi, Tia.

I'm sorry to hear about the reversal. I don't know exactly what B vitamins and dosages you were taking, but if they did not include methylfolate (also known as 5-methyl tetrahydrofolate, 5-MTHF, L-methylfolate, Metafolin, FolaPro, MethylMate B, and Deplin) and a high dosage of either hydroxocobalamin or methylcobalamin, taken sublingually, you might consider giving this combination a try, since it has been shown to lift the partial methylation cycle block. I recommend being under the care of a physician while on this type of treatment. More information is available at www.cfsresearch.org by clicking on CFS/M.E. and then on my name

Best regards,

Rich