1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

B vitamin without methyl groups

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by mike1127, Aug 28, 2013.

1. mike1127

mike1127

Hello,
    I'm interested in a good B vitamin, and I frequently see Jarrow's B-Right mentioned, but it has methyl groups, which cause me problems. Wondering if there is another recommendation.

Mike
  2. amaru7

amaru7 Senior Member

EU
    Did you even try it out? Jarrow's B-Complex has low dose methyl-donors in it, so I guess it shouldnt be too bad. I also have a COMT mutation which makes methylation cycle issues and I cannot tolerate methyl-donors (MethylB12,SAMe, 5MTHF) aswell, but I usually am able to take a B-Complex. Hope that may help you out
  3. mike1127

mike1127

No I haven't tried it, but I was just concerned that I would have to monitor the response, and I've already got a bunch of supplements I'm trying to introduce slowly. It will take me months to introduce and monitor all these supplements and I just didn't want to add one more that I would have to be careful with. But I guess it probably wouldn't be a problem. Still, if there is another B complex that is just as good, I want to consider it.
  4. Leopardtail

Leopardtail Senior Member

England
    Mike,

if you don't have major issues with 'Methylated' vitamins. Jigsaw produce a very well balanced mixture of Methylated and Phosphorylated B-Vitamins.

What list of supplements are you taking?

Leo

See more popular forum discussions.