• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B vitamin absorption problem

Ayaju

My Integrative Medicine doctor who is trying to help me with my thyroid (hypothyroidism, Hashimotos) told me there is a new blood test to help determine why my blood tests show that I'm too HIGH in B12, B6, B3, etc., when I'm probably actually deficient in them!

For the past year she had advised me to stop taking B supplements, which I have done. I will learn more about the new test she mentioned, and will hopefully get some informative results by the end of this month.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what I'm talking about?

Judy

roxie60

No but I am extrememly interested since I take all kinds of B's and my numbers are high but I dont seem to see any benefit so my IM Dr is also suspecting that I still am not absorbing them even tho the numbers are high. If there is a bld test that would show deficiency even tho numbers high I would be very interested....