1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

B vitamin absorption problem

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Ayaju, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Ayaju

Ayaju *****

San Diego, CA
    My Integrative Medicine doctor who is trying to help me with my thyroid (hypothyroidism, Hashimotos) told me there is a new blood test to help determine why my blood tests show that I'm too HIGH in B12, B6, B3, etc., when I'm probably actually deficient in them!

For the past year she had advised me to stop taking B supplements, which I have done. I will learn more about the new test she mentioned, and will hopefully get some informative results by the end of this month.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what I'm talking about?

Judy
  2. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    No but I am extrememly interested since I take all kinds of B's and my numbers are high but I dont seem to see any benefit so my IM Dr is also suspecting that I still am not absorbing them even tho the numbers are high. If there is a bld test that would show deficiency even tho numbers high I would be very interested....
  3. Ayaju

Ayaju *****

San Diego, CA
    Will keep you posted! Fingers crossed!

See more popular forum discussions.